!1 New UpdateClick here for latest updates
Farmers grow onions on protest site
Delhi: Protesting farmers say they’re using Nirankari Samagam ground in Burari to grow crops. “Since we’ve been sitting idle for a month during protests, we thought of growing onions as we can use it for our daily cooking. We’ll grow more crops on Burari ground,” says a farmer. (ANI reports)
Kumbh mela notification by Feb end
The 2021 Kumbh fair, which is to be organised in Haridwar, will be a 48-day-long event. Uttarakhand government will issue the notification for the fair by February end: Uttarakhand Urban Development Minister Madan Kaushik
FPIs pumped in Rs 60,094 crore in Dec so far
- Foreign portfolio investors (FPI) have pumped in a net Rs 60,094 crore into Indian markets in December so far amidst optimism in the global markets.
- According to the depositories data, FPIs invested a net Rs 56,643 crore into equities and Rs 3,451 crore into debt instruments between December 1-24. The total net investment during the period under review stood at Rs 60,094 crore.
India’s Covid-19 tally rises to 1,01,87,850
- With 18,732 new COVID-19 infections, India’s total cases rise to 1,01,87,850
- With 279 new deaths, toll mounts to 1,47,622
- Total active cases at 2,78,690
- Total discharged cases at 97,61,538 with 21,430 new discharges in the last 24 hours.
Germany’s confirmed coronavirus cases rise by 13,755
Palestine to receive Covid-19 vaccines in 2 weeks
Jharkhand reports 192 new COVID-19 cases, 2 more deaths
Thane district’s COVID-19 count rises by 331, death toll by 7
China strategically captured entire supply chain of America, says US-based advocacy group
- China, over the past year, has strategically captured the entire supply chain of United States, making it vulnerable and dependent on Beijing, said Lucas Kunce, the national security director at the American Economic Liberties Project.
- Kunce told The Hill that the business people who testified during recent congressional hearings on tariffs revealed that the US cannot produce essential products including certain weapons systems and US dollars “without some components or resources coming from China.”
China’s industrial profits grow robustly, 7th straight rise
Profits at Chinese industrial firms rose 15.5% from a year earlier to 729.32 billion yuan ($111.50 billion), easing from October’s three-year high 28.2%, data from National Bureau of Statistics showed on Sunday.
Farmer leader Rakesh Tikait receives death threat over phone
Bhartiya Kisan Union (BKU) leader Rakesh Tikait who has been participating in the agitation against the farm laws alleged that he has received a death threat over the phone.
Karnataka: Voting for the second phase of gram panchayat elections begins in the state
Delhi’s air quality improves to ‘very poor’ category, with overall AQI standing at 334, as per SAFAR
Japan halts all foreign arrivals over UK variant
Last week, Japan banned nonresident foreigners coming from Britain and South Africa after confirming the new variant in seven people over the last two days _ five from Britain who tested positive at airports and two others in Tokyo.
Mexico posts 4,974 new coronavirus cases, 189 more deaths
Fog engulfs Delhi
Delhi: A thick layer of fog engulfs the national capital; visuals from near Rajghat and Punjabi Bagh. https://t.co/ssRq1CKeaG
— ANI (@ANI) 1609035490000
Railways making efforts to commission entire bullet train project at once: Railway board
Indian Railways is making efforts that the entire bullet train project is commissioned end-to-end, at once, said the Railway Board Chairman on Saturday.
Brazil registers 307 more deaths from COVID-19
UK says regulator must be given time to carry out Oxford COVID-19 vaccine review
Britain’s Department of Health said on Sunday that medicines regulator MHRA (Medicines and Healthcare Products Regulatory Agency) must be given time to carry out its review of the data of the Oxford-AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccine.
UK records another 34,693 coronavirus cases, 210 deaths
Ontario confirms first two cases of UK coronavirus variant in Canada
Argentina to launch COVID-19 vaccination campaign on Tuesday
Sweden confirms first case of mutated coronavirus strain
Italy reports 261 coronavirus deaths on Saturday
Uttarakhand CM sanctions funds for projects ahead of Kumbh Mela 2021
Uttarakhand Chief Minister Trivendra Singh Rawat on Saturday sanctioned funds for various projects ahead of Kumbh Mela 2021, a day after Akhil Bharatiya Akhara Parishad expressed displeasure, alleging the administration was “yet to start preparations”.
Agitating farmers from western UP stay put in Noida at night
Braving biting cold, scores of farmers stayed put at the Delhi-Noida border near Chilla on Saturday night in protest against the three recent farm laws of the Centre even as other agitating farmers returned home for night stay.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi to address the nation through his radio programme ‘Mann Ki Baat’ at 11 am today
Global COVID-19 case total surpasses 80 million
- The global COVID-19 case total has surpassed 80 million, according to the US-based Johns Hopkins University, which tracks and compiles data from various sources including local authorities and media outlets.
- As of 23.33 PM on Saturday, 80,070,327 positive tests for the coronavirus disease have been registered by the higher education institute. The global death toll at present is 1,753,839.
Turkey registers 15,118 new COVID-19 cases, the lowest daily rise since mid-November
Bitcoin value surges past $26,000 to set all-time record high
- Bitcoin, the world’s most popular cryptocurrency, has surged past the USD 26,000 level to set an all-time record high, according to trading data.
- On Binance, the largest cryptocurrency exchange by trading volume, Bitcoin was trading at USD 26,286.74, as of 20:45 GMT on Saturday.
81st session of Indian History Congress indefinitely postponed due to COVID
Chandigarh admin gathers information of all UK returnees who travelled to UT
Amid concerns about a new strain of COVID-19 found in the United Kingdom (UK), Chandigarh administration on Saturday said it was able to successfully gather information about all 132 UK returnees who travelled to Union Territory since December 9, and physically verified 95 of them.
Earthquake of magnitude 3.5 on the Richter scale hit Changlang in Arunachal Pradesh at 3:18 am today
Slovakia starts vaccinations against COVID-19